We are seeking a self-motivated and innovative developer to join our growing company and help us continue to push the envelope with our products. The MVC/.NET/SQL Developer will assist with implementing Web browser-based user interfaces utilizing a Microsoft SQL Server back-end.
The system is built in such a way that developers create tools and custom modules that our configuration specialists then configure the user interface to meet the business needs of our clients.
Create custom modules or specifications to our client needs
- Modify stored procedures
- Write queries to provide reports to our clients
- Diagnose reported malfunctions or errors
- Problem solves to meet the needs of our teams and clients
- Assist in the design and development of easy-to-use, high-quality browser-based user interfaces
- Perform other similar and related duties as required or as directed
- Maintain in-depth knowledge of products, solutions, and company offerings
- Develop custom modules to meet client needs
- Create SQL Stored Procedures and JS modules to add custom functionality for our web forms application.
- Convert legacy SQL, VB.Net and JS procedures from our old system to work with our new environment.
- Associates Degree in Computer Science or equivalent
- 3-5 years’ work experience
- Solid object-oriented programming skills with VB.NET, ASP.NET, MVC and ADO.NET in a Windows environment are necessary
- Experience with SQL Server, XML, XSL, queries, and links to data displayed and captured via UI components
- Knowledge of jQuery a plus
- Experience with ADA compliance a plus
- Ability to be creative, strategic, analytical, and think outside the box to solve problems
- Strong project management and time management skills
- Interpersonal skills with a keen ability to explain complex concepts across the organization and to large audiences
- Experience debugging SQL stored procedures, custom JS modules and VB.NET modules running on the back end
Agate Software offers a hybrid remote work option for qualifying employees after 90 days of employment. Three days (3) in office/ two (2) days from home.
Agate Software is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is a participant in the E-Verify Program
- Healthcare, dental, vision
- Flexible spending account: medical/dependent care
- Paid time off
- Short term disability
- Long term disability
- 401k plan & employer match
- Life insurance, supplemental life insurance, AD&D coverage
- UNUM: Critical illness, accident coverage
- Identity theft coverage
Work Remotely: Onsite/Hybrid
Work Location: Okemos, MI
Job Type: Full-time