What You Should Know Before Using Our Site
Before using and sharing Information through our Site, you should understand the following.
Most users visit our Site because they are interested in the products or services we provide.
If you are in the European Economic Area, UK, or Switzerland, please take notice that our Site is not currently being intentionally marketed to users in those areas. Any of your information that we collect will be transferred to us in the United States.
If you have questions, you can always contact us at email@example.com
What personal information do we collect?
We receive and store any Information you enter on our Site or give us in any other way. We also collect certain Information automatically when you use or visit our Site. If you choose not to provide this Information to us, you should not visit or use our Site.
Information we collect from visitors of our Site includes Information that will be collected automatically using cookies and similar technologies. Cookies are small files that a site or its service provider transfers to your computer’s hard drive through your Web browser that enables the Site’s or service provider’s systems to recognize your browser and capture and remember certain information. Cookies collect different aspects of information, including personally identifiable information. This kind of Information may include your IP address, browser type, domain names, access times and session information, product usage data, tracking data and other information about your visit to our Site. If you turn cookies off, some features may be disabled. Cookies are used to deliver advertisements to you, to make the information we provide to you more relevant and meaningful and to track the efficiency of our advertising campaigns. Cookies are also used to compile aggregate data about Site traffic and Site interaction so that we can offer better user experiences and tools in the future, and to help us understand your preferences based on previous or current site activity, which enables us to provide you with improved services.
During your visit, we may also collect Information that you provide to us. This may include collection of Information during Internet interactions such as requesting information about our services by filling out a website form or other means. We will ask you for your name, email address, phone number, the name of the agency or unit you represent as well as your position with that entity or unit, your city and state, and how you heard about us.
If you are applying for a job opportunity, you may be asked to submit information through an email to us. We will often ask for information or documents including resumes, certifications, and other information that you choose to transmit.
How do we use your information?
Any of the Information we collect from you may be used in the following ways:
- To personalize your experience and to allow us to deliver the type of content and product offerings in which you are most interested.
- To improve our website and our services to better serve you.
- To share information with third parties that assist us in delivering our services and our website, including hosting providers.
- To allow us to better service you in responding to your questions and comments.
- To communicate with you by phone, through email, text messaging and through the Site, including for marketing purposes.
- To enable us to deliver information to you.
- To process job applications.
- To troubleshoot problems.
- To prevent prohibited or illegal activities.
- To share your information with the providers of services or products when you request additional information.
- To comply with a legal obligation such as court orders, or other legal process; to establish or exercise our legal rights; to defend against legal claims; or as otherwise required by law.
- To respond as required for a corporate transaction, such as a divestiture, investment, merger, consolidation, or asset sale, or other significant matter.
How do we protect your information?
While no website can guarantee complete security, we use commercially reasonable efforts to protect your Information, including maintaining adequate physical, procedural, and technical security with respect to our offices and informational storage facilities to prevent any loss, misuse, unauthorized access, disclosure, or modification of Information under our control.
Do we disclose any information to outside parties?
We do not share, trade, or otherwise transfer to outside parties except affiliates any of your personally identifiable information we collect from you during visit to the Site unless it is necessary to process the information and to fulfill your requests. We may share your Information for processing and storage with third parties that have agreements in place with us to protect the confidentiality and security of information that we transfer to them and to transfer the information to a buyer or successor of Agate Software or its business in a corporate transaction, such as a divestiture, investment, merger, consolidation, asset sale or other significant matter. This may include our third parties where the Site is hosted and third parties that provide us with analytics regarding the traffic and use of our Site. We may also release your information when we believe release is appropriate to comply with the law, enforce our site policies, or protect ours or others’ rights, property, or safety. We may also use and share aggregated and non-personally identifiable information and data analytics for marketing, advertising, or other uses.
Your California Privacy Rights
If you are a California resident, you have the right under to the California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA) to request:
- The categories of personal information we have collected about you;
- The categories of sources from which the personal information is collected;
- The business or commercial purpose of collecting or selling personal information;
- The categories of third parties with whom we share or sell personal information
- The categories of personal information about you that we have sold; and
- The specific pieces of personal information we have collected about you.
Additionally, you have the right to request deletion of your personal information, the right to opt out of the sale of your information (if applicable) and the right not to be discriminated against for exercising any of your CCPA rights.
- Identifiers such as a real name, alias, postal address, unique personal identifier, online identifier, Internet Protocol address, email address, account name, social security number, driver’s license number, passport number, or other similar identifiers.
- Any categories of personal information described in subdivision (e) of Section 1798.80.
Commercial information, including records of personal property, products or services purchased, obtained, or considered, or other purchasing or consuming histories or tendencies.
- Geolocation data.
- Internet or other electronic network activity information, including, but not limited to, browsing history, search history, and information regarding a consumer’s interaction with an Internet website, application, or advertisement.
- Audio, electronic, visual, thermal, olfactory, or similar information.
- Professional or employment-related information.
- Inferences drawn from any of the information identified in this subdivision to create a profile about a consumer reflecting the consumer’s preferences, characteristics, psychological trends, predispositions, behavior, attitudes, intelligence, abilities, and aptitudes.
We do not sell personal information for monetary consideration under CCPA. Personal data may be provided to our services providers and to third parties under Section 1798.140(t)(2)(A) of the CCPA. If the use of third-party cookies constitutes a “sale” under CCPA, you may opt out of the use of such cookies
California residents may request a list of all third parties with respect to which we have disclosed any information about you. If you are a California resident and want such a list or
desire that we not maintain or utilize a record of your internet usage or path to our site, please send us a written request by e-mail. Our contact information is listed at the bottom of this policy. We will ask for your name, address, and state of residence. If your name and email address are insufficient to verify your identity and assess your privacy request, we may need to ask for additional information. You may also designate an authorized agent to make a CCPA privacy request.
Shine the Light Law: California Civil Code Section 1798.83, also known as the “Shine the Light” law, permits users of the Site who are California residents to request and obtain from us once a year, free of charge, information about the personal information (if any) we disclosed to third parties for direct marketing purposes in the preceding calendar year. California residents who have an established business relationship with us may make a written request to us about whether we have disclosed any personal information to any third parties for the third parties’ direct marketing purposes during the prior calendar year. If you are a California resident and want such a list, please send us a written request by email to firstname.lastname@example.org with “California Shine The Light Rights” in the subject line.
Do Not Track Technologies
If we include links to third-party products or services on our website, please be aware that these third-party sites have separate and independent privacy policies. We therefore have no responsibility or liability for the content and activities of these linked sites.
COPPA (Children Online Privacy Protection Act)
When it comes to the collection of personal information from children under the age of 13 years old, the Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act (COPPA) puts parents in control. The Federal Trade Commission, United States’ consumer protection agency, enforces the COPPA Rule, which spells out what operators of websites and online services must do to protect children’s privacy and safety online.
The Site is not a general audience Site. We do not offer products or services to individuals under 18 years of age. No one under the age of 18 may provide any information to or on the website. We do not knowingly collect personally identifiable information from individuals under 18. If you are under 18, do not use or provide any information on this Site or use any of its features. Should an individual whom we know to be under the age of 18 sends personally identifiable information to us, we will delete or destroy it as soon as reasonably possible. If you believe we might have these kinds of personally identifiable information, please contact us.
CAN SPAM Act
We may collect your email address from our website to identify visitors and to communicate with you. If at any time you would like to unsubscribe from receiving future emails, please click the “unsubscribe link at the bottom of the email or tell us on the ‘Contact us’ page and we will promptly remove you from all correspondence
Information about International Transfers
Your European Privacy Rights
While we do not specifically market the Site to those who reside in the Europe Economic Area (the “European Union” or “EU”), we will provide accommodations for the exercise of your rights provided under data protection laws of the EU, including the General Data Protection Regulation (the “GDPR”). By visiting our Site, you are consenting to the transfer of your information from your jurisdiction to the United States.
If you are entitled to privacy rights under the GDPR, you are entitled to:
- Transparency and the right to information. Through this policy we explain how we use and share your information. However, if you have questions or concerns you can contact us any time.
- Right of access, objection, restriction of processing, erasure, and portability. You also have the right to withdraw your consent at any time when we process your personal data based on your consent. To exercise these rights, please contact us.
- Right to opt-out to direct marketing. You have the right to opt-out at any time to receiving marketing materials from us by following the opt-out instructions in our commercial emails, by contacting us, or by adjusting your preferences on the Site. Please note that we reserve the right to send you other communications, including Site announcements and administrative messages relating to your account, without offering you the opportunity to opt out of receiving them.
- Right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority. If you consider that the processing of your personal data infringes your privacy rights according to the European Data Protection law, you have the right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority, in the member state of your habitual residence, place of work, or place of the alleged infringement.
Grounds for Using Your Personal Data. If we process your information in any way, we rely on the following legal grounds to process your personal information:
- Performance of a contract. We may need to collect and use your personal information to enter into a contract with you and to perform Services that you request.
Storage and Protection of Your Personal Data. We retain the personal data we collect for so long as reasonably necessary to fulfil the purposes for which the data was collected and to perform our contractual and legal obligations. Notwithstanding the generality of the foregoing, we store email addresses until the user requests to be unsubscribed or removes themselves through any self-service tools offered to the user.
We take reasonable administrative, physical, and technical precautions to protect your personal data and communications between us. This includes, when required or as we deem appropriate and feasible under the circumstances, encryption, and written commitments from third parties that may have access to your data that they will protect the data with safeguards that are substantially equivalent to those used by Agate Software.
No Internet or e-mail transmission is ever fully secure or error free, however. We therefore cannot guarantee absolute security of your data, and we are not responsible for processes and networks that we do not control. Users assume the risk of security breaches and the consequences resulting from them. Please be careful in deciding what information you send to us via email or over the Internet.
2214 University Park Drive
Okemos, MI 48864