The Training Coordinator will primarily be responsible for coordinating the logistical support for training programs. Utilizing extensive functionality within the Learning Management System (LMS) to include course setup, pushing training to large audiences, managing custom e-mails, registrations, monitoring of class sizes, tracking of participant information, accessing large amounts of data, etc. Monitors and tracks employee training activities.
The preferred location for this position is in Okemos, Michigan, but we are willing to consider Arizona applicants for our Glendale, Arizona, location. This role will have the ability to work some remote days from home with planned travel to our local offices.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Training Responsibilities: Responsible for coordinating the logistics of training programs of a moderately complex to highly complex nature. Support may include scheduling of training programs, notification of attendees, maintenance, and delivery of program materials. Responsible for ensuring all pre- and post-program activities are handled in a timely manner.
- Demonstrate strong interpersonal skills, as you’ll interact with all levels of the organization, in addition to solid written and oral communication skills.
- Manage new employee training programs by executing full training programs for configuration specialists, software developers, and other key business positions as needed.
- Facilitate external and internal demonstrations/training as requested.
- Works with Leads to handle all logistics-related needs.
- Prepare extensive updates to training materials, typically considered moderately complex to complex in nature.
- May update training related content on intranet pages, and handle other project related work, as assigned.
- Deliver basic systems training and customized training to external customers.
- Closely review training materials to ensure quality of preparation.
- Troubleshoots issues participants encounter with accessing and participating in the virtual classroom as well as problems with using self-paced e-Learning modules.
- Develop learning materials and modules that support the growth of employees and clients, creating a robust eLearning library of content, while being the subject matter expert (SME) and bridging learning gaps.
- Produce high-utility content and learning modalities which may include videos, and written materials, while keeping each audience in mind.
- Build, help administer, and Serve as the company’s future Learning Management System (LMS) subject matter expert.
- Upload training materials into the LMS and navigate training programs for virtual classroom environments.
- Documentation: Responsible for the writing, distribution, collection, storage, and maintenance of documentation. Responsible for implementing new storage systems or working to optimize the efficiency of the system already in place. All documentation must be stored securely and able to be accessed quickly and accurately at any time. Expected to utilize extensive functionality within SharePoint, the IGX Learning Management System (LMS) and KnowBe4.
- Other duties as assigned.
Required Skills / Abilities
- Diligent and meticulous: Demonstrates excellent organizational skills with keen attention to detail. Capable of delivering a high level of accuracy. Analytical thinking, excellent problem-solving skills, and proven ability to follow through on requests. Relies on extensive experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals.
- Creative and innovative thinker: Must thrive when dealing with ambiguity, act with minimal supervision, identify the big picture.
- Ability to exercise judgment to shift priorities, organize multiple tasks simultaneously, and work with minimal direction. Will occasionally lead and direct the work of others.
- Interpersonal Skills: Demonstrate strong interpersonal skills, with the ability to interact with all levels of the organization, in addition to excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Relationship building, influencing and negotiation skills both verbal and in written form. Ability to influence without direct supervision of stakeholders.
- Self-starter with a passion to continuously learn and grow as both a professional and individual. Proven experience that demonstrates the personality and skills necessary to manage one’s own time and quality of work while meeting expected deliverables on time.
- Ability to independently perform first-line troubleshooting for customers.
- Ability to perform a wide variety of tasks.
- Ability to advocate for and execute best practices throughout the full SDLC.
- Knowledge of basic networking principles, the internet, web browsers/browsing/caching/etc.
- Knowledge of MS Office programs (Word, Excel, Visio, Outlook) and web browsers (IE, Chrome, Firefox, Safari)
- Proficient with MS-Office Suite products, particularly PowerPoint and MS-Word.
- Proficient with Camtasia or alternative video editing software.
- Displays high ability to exercise judgment to shift priorities, organize multiple tasks simultaneously, and work with minimal direction.
- Prior experience with learning management systems strongly preferred.
- Experience with multiple Agate/IGX Solutions software systems.
- Experience with Agile/SCRUM approaches.
- Experience with database principles and basic SQL knowledge.
- Experience with automated testing tools and such techniques.
- Experience with presenting publicly or virtually in a professional setting to an audience of five (5) to five hundred (500) people.
Education & Experience
- Experience designing professional and consistent looking user interfaces
- Experience in quality control preferred
- Associate degree or 3+ years of increasingly responsible career trajectory of equivalent experience
- Internal: IGX Configuration/Administrative Toolset: must be intimately familiar with IGX configuration tools, best practices, and IGX workarounds. Agate/IGX experience: 12-18 Months+
- Internal: Experience with IGX design documents: 1+ years
- Remote/Hybrid work option: After 90 days of employment, for qualified employees: 3 Days in Office/ 2 Days at Home
- Paid Time Off
- 401K + employer match
- Short Term/Long Term Disability
- Life Insurance
- Accident/Critical Illness Coverage
- Identity Theft Coverage
- Salary + Bonus Incentive
Notices to Applicants
Agate Software is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is a participant in the E-Verify Program
Work Remotely: Onsite/Hybrid
Work Location: Okemos, MI / Glendale, AZ
Job Type: Full-time